A USDA mortgage loan is insured by the US Department of Agriculture and available to qualified individuals who are purchasing or refinancing in an area that is not considered a major metropolitan area by the USDA.
USDA Loans are great for first time home buyers!
- 100% Financing - you can buy a home with no money down. In some cases you can even finance your closing costs
- You can refinance your home up to 100% of the value of your home
- Low Fixed Rate mortgage options
- They are usually easier to get because the Government insures the loan so there's less risk for the lender
- They can be used for existing homes, foreclosures or new construction
- Simple Loan Process
- No Loan Limit. No Acreage Limit
- There is No Prepayment Penalty
- You can use the loan to repair or add on to your home
- Flexible Credit Requirements
Who is eligible for a USDA Loan?
Generally these loans are available to anyone who meets minimum credit guidelines, local area income requirements, and is purchasing or refinancing their home in an area that is not considered a major metropolitan.
Some common misconceptions of USDA Loans:
- They are just for farmers - USDA Loans are not "just for farmers," millions of people from all walks of life already qualify.
- FHA or Conventional Loans are better - USDA Loans often offer better terms than an FHA or conventional loans.
- They aren't flexible - Actually, USDA Home Loans can be used to buy a new home or refinance to a lower rate.
- Only certain people can qualify - Anyone who meets the income and credit guidelines can qualify for a USDA Home Loan.
- They are only for rural areas - Actually, USDA Loans are available in many areas that most people would not consider rural. For example, many small communities just outside of metropolitan areas qualify as rural areas according to the US Department of Agriculture.
- They are harder to get than FHA or Conventional Loans - This just isn't true. In many cases USDA Loans are actually easier to get because the loans are guaranteed by the government.
Check to see if you qualify for a USDA Loan
Give us a call to see if you qualify for a USDA loan and to see what areas are eligible.